Writes: Primarius, doc. dr. sc. Nevačinović Enida, Ph.D. med.
Specialist in gynecology and obstetrics
Subspecialist in fetal medicine and obstetrics
Clinic for Gynecology and Obstetrics
Head of the Maternity Department
Faculty of Medicine, University of Tuzla
Vagitories propolis aloe vera and echinacea
Propolis vaginal suppositories – Vagitories propolis aloe vera and echinacea manufactured by Cydonia phytopharmaceuticals are intended for vaginal and cervical mucosa. They help epithelialize the vaginal and cervical mucosa in conditions of damage caused by bacteria or viruses and alleviate changes in the vaginal mucosa in conditions of vaginal dryness of various origins (menopause, hormonal imbalance).
Vagitories can be used during the entire reproductive period of a woman, and even after that. From adolescence, first sexual intercourse, perimenopause, menopause and postmenopause to senile / deep old age. There are almost no contraindications for their use, we have a lot of positive experiences from satisfied patients after application.
Propolis, also known as bee glue and bee propolis, is a resinous substance collected by bees. Propolis is said to be the most natural antibiotic man has ever discovered. A significant feature of this statement is the fact that this discovery occurred approximately 2000 years ago. The list of possible effects of propolis includes: antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral (including anti-HIV-1 activity), antioxidant, anticarcinogenic, antithrombotic and immunomodulatory.
The Egyptians recorded the use of Aloe vera in the treatment of burns, infections and parasites. Aloe, originally from Africa, is also known as the “desert lily”, the “plant of immortality” and the “plant of medicine”. Aloe vera has also been reported to slow tumor growth and stimulate the immune response to viruses. It has a calming effect and reduces irritation of the vaginal mucosa.
Echinacea is one of the most popular plants in the world today. Archaeologists have found evidence of the use of echinacea among Indians for more than 400 years. It is used to treat infections and wounds. The use of echinacea is recommended for improving the immune system of the vagina, and as an aid in the fight against infections. Echinacea has hormonal, antiviral and antioxidant effects. Echinacea is a known immunostimulant that increases interleukin and interferon levels.
Vagitories with propolis, aloe vera and echinacea are intended for vaginal hygiene, alleviate / eliminate vaginal pruritus (rash / itching), redness, irritation of the mucous membranes, increased secretion, which is most often caused by the invasion of microorganisms.
Propolis vaginal suppositories – indications for the use of vagitoria:
- fungal, bacterial and viral vulvovaginitis in adolescence, because they have immunostimulatory, antifungal, antibacterial and antiviral effects
- Unsatisfactory finding of PAPA test, ASCUS, AGUS, BCC, cervical intraepithelial lesions CIN I because it has been scientifically proven that the ingredients of vagitoria, especially aloe vera and propolis are effective, atraumatic and simple non-operative treatment of these conditions
- in cervical infections with HPV virus (especially highly oncogenic types HPV 16 and HPV 18)
- during the use of systemic antibiotics as well as antibiotics in the form of vaginal suppositories, because they strengthen the resistance of the vaginal mucosa
- with a decline in immunity of any etiology because they have an immunostimulatory effect
- after childbirth as part of the wound care from episiotomy, because the ingredients of these vagitoria stimulate wound healing.
- after gynecological operations (removal of the uterus / hysterectomy, removal of the ovaries and fallopian tubes / adnexectomy, removal of fibroids and cysts / myomectomy and cystectomy) because they strengthen the resistance of the vaginal mucosa
- during and after brachyradiotherapy (radiation through the vagina in cancer of the cervix and uterine body) because they reduce redness, inflammatory changes and pruritus / burning / itching
- during and after chemotherapy due to any malignant disease
- with dryness of the vaginal mucosa in perimenopause, menopause and menopause
- in atrophic vaginitis in senile
More about the offer of Cydonia products, see the link: Propolis vaginal suppositories